Northampton Service Area: • Wellingborough • Kettering • Rushden • Corby • Irthlingborough • Wollaston • Irchester • Finedon • Raunds • Northampton •
Services: • Counselling • Psychotherapy • Anxiety & Stress Treatment • Life & Career Coaching • Personal & Professional Development • Dream Analysis (Jungian) • Counseling • Marriage Guidance •
Issues: • Mental Health • Depression • Low Self-Esteem • Abuse • Anxiety • Stress • Relationships • Couples • Anger • Self-Harm • Eating Disorders & Distress • Bullying • OCD •
TonicTalk provides privately funded Therapeutic Services. The majority of our clients are self funding choosing to give a high priority to their personal Psychological and Emotional wellbeing as well as their Personal and Professional Development. As a partnership we are dedicated to providing quality affordable services and therefore consider our fee structure key to that provision. For the services you will receive our fees are extremely competitive.
We do not operate a ‘sliding scale’ system of fees or any other form of tiered payment system as we believe this is discriminatory and divisive. We do not believe that one group of clients should be obliged to subsidise another group; nor should people feel beholding to others they have not met or that they are receiving a second rate service at a second rate price. Instead, we operate a fixed rate non negotiable fee system where all clients pay the same fees for the same services. However, being sensitive to the needs of others and not wishing to turn away individuals in need of help who also have financial difficulties, we operate a limited number of low cost places. This is done at the discretion and cost of the Therapist, and is operated on an honour system whereby those in need of such a place may make a request without shame or need to prove financial difficulties. (Please inform us upon contact if this facility is required as there may be a short waiting list for such a place).
- Individuals: £50 per hour weekdays between 9am and 9pm.
- Individuals: £60 per hour Saturdays and Sundays between 10am and 5pm.
We aim to provide affordable therapies that do not place an unmanageable financial strain on the client. Our aim is to be able to cover our costs and make ‘a reasonable living’ so as to allow us to continue to provide the therapeutic help that people need.
- Couples: £80 per 75 mins. weekdays between 9am and 9pm.
- Couples: £60 per hour Saturdays and Sundays between 10am and 5pm.
- Sessions will be paid for at least one session in advance.
- Once booked all sessions are chargeable, unless 48 hour notice of cancellation is given.
- We reserve the right to terminate the contract if the client attendance becomes irregular.
We offer two forms of Anger Management; Group and One to One. Our Anger Management specialist is a fully qualified Therapist with years of Anger Management experience. Our fee structure is as follows.
Please note: Group Anger Management is only offered at our Newport Pagnell Venue.
- £230 for an Eight week group course consisting of one Two hour session per week (Maximum group size is seven)
- As is standard with all courses, the Fee is payable in advance and non-refundable
- A discount of £30 is available to all those who contact us directly without referral
- No other discounts or concessions are available
Fee and Service conditions
- All clients will endeavour to arrive prior to commencement of classes and be ready to work when classes begin.
- All Clients, Therapists and Trainers are entitled to a safe work environment. Any Disruptive, Destructive, Threatening or Violent behaviour may result in exclusion or termination of contract without recompense or refund.
- Any assault on staff or client or destruction of property will be reported to the Police.
- If client attendance becomes irregular and disruptive, we reserve the right to terminate the contract without refund.
This service can be integrated into Therapy or offered as a fixed term contract. As such, its fee structure is the same as Therapy and is available at all our venues. Please see Therapy fees above.
Dependant on need, we periodically run Support and development groups of our own or we can facilitate, support or lead groups begun by others. Our fees for groups are variable dependant upon numbers attending, length of sessions, number of meetings, type of group being facilitated or lead and the amount of preparation needed. As always, we aim to keep our rates reasonable and affordable, therefore, for a no pressure, friendly, no obligation costing please feel free to contact us to discuss your needs and how we can effectively cater for them.
We are therapeutic professionals who specialise in offering psychological training to assist individuals in their personal, relational and professional development. We have standard courses and can also modify courses or write bespoke courses to meet your specific needs. Again, considering the varied nature of courses, please feel free to contact us to discuss your needs and for a no obligation costing.
While therapy is by no means a ‘cheap’ option, it is a matter of priorities and values. For a good many individuals there is money available for Cigarettes and Alcohol, entertaining, and holidays and frippery such as household and personal gadgetry, and ‘designer’ items and sadly little or no money available for personal or familial health care. We believe that personal and familial emotional and psychological health care needs be a priority for all of us if we wish to live a full and healthy life. Peace, happiness, joy, healthy relationships, wellbeing, self worth and love are within the grasp of everyone and there is no real need to suffer, be unhappy or feel unloved or unworthy. With the help of a trained Therapeutic Counsellor or Psychotherapist you can achieve your goals and have the personal and familial life you desire and deserve. What price do you place on your and your family’s happiness and wellbeing?
To date, regardless of the financial and social impact the NHS places little priority on mental health and offers only pharmaceutical solutions or limited Therapeutic care mostly in the hands of unprofessional charities. Therefore self funded Therapeutic care is something worth considering for a number of reasons:
- Choice: You pay, and You choose. You do not have to put up with unprofessional and inappropriate services.
- Professionalism:In the UK the law requires that gas appliances and gas central heating systems are installed, maintained and serviced by properly trained, qualified and indemnified professional gas fitters and engineers, however, this is not the case with respect to your mental health. Anyone can ‘dabble’ in mental health and can even claim to be a Counsellor or Psychotherapist without training, qualification or insurance. While well intentioned non-professional charitable organisations are free or low priced; is your mental health of more or less importance or significance than your central heating system? Which will have a greater affect on your life a central heating breakdown or a mental health breakdown? We believe that your mental health is significant and extremely important and affects all aspects of your life and your family’s life including happiness, relationships and careers. Your mental health and wellbeing deserves the care, respect and priority that only Professionals can offer. Professional care from Professional Therapists who are experienced, properly trained, qualified, indemnified and members of professional associations and dedicated to you.
- Quality:Life is filled with uncertainties and never more so than with respect to the quality of services offered by others. It is a false economy to risk your time, relationships, career and mental health by engaging with services where quality is not assured and you have no choice. By engaging with a Professional Therapist you reduce risk, increase quality, and have choice. Why suffer second rate services when you do not have to?
- The Relationship:While to the government charity seems to be key to social care in the UK; with respect to Counselling and Psychotherapy non payment for services is inappropriate and can create issues within the Therapeutic Relationship. It can create inequality in the Therapeutic relationship; lead to resentment by clients at having to feel beholding to their Therapist; oblige clients to be ‘nice’ to their Therapists and meet their Therapists needs for value and approval; recreate previous unhealthy relationships; force clients to accept low quality services and much more besides.
- Health Records: It is worth considering the effect that Therapy recorded on your G.P.’s records can have. All referrals by your G.P. and private medical care are recorded and form part of your health record. This record can effect your employment and insurance. Many employers, especially high stress, and high power jobs and the armed forces or emergency services ask for health records and although employment law prohibits prejudice. Realistically, this does not prevent employers making judgements and choosing not employing an individual because of what they find in their records. Sadly, society is still prejudiced against people who have suffered any form of mental illness or have had Therapy and this is regardless of the fact that the vast majority of people have and continue to suffer unnecessarily. This is generally the case because our attitude is Victorian and we feel shame and embarrassment at ourselves and others for being ‘weak’ and not keeping a ‘stiff upper lip’.
- Confidentiality: Self referred; self funded Therapy is private between you and your Therapist. Only the law or a court can force disclosure.
Within the UK, charging for and therefore paying for therapeutic services seems to go against the grain for many individuals especially considering the culture of a ‘free health service’ and numerous charitable organisations also offering ‘free’ services. While undoubtedly there are a number of free services out there that you may be able to access; one need consider what is on offer and if accessing it is appropriate to your needs.
Sadly, Mental Health and personal wellbeing in the UK is currently a low priority for government and Health officials and has been for many years and will continue to be so and this is regardless of the well documented and publicised effects that this has on family life, industry and the economy. The best that government and the NHS seems to offer is either care through charitable organisations run by well intentioned ‘do-gooders’ or ‘cheap and cheerful’ short term ‘cognitive behavioural’ or ‘solution focussed’ therapies.
- How important to you is your mental heath and personal well being?
- Can you afford to risk your well being to well intentioned ‘do-gooders’ or over stretched and under resourced NHS Mental Health services?
- What are your priorities?
- How does your peace of mind and mental well being affect your relationships, your family life, your earning capacity, your emotional health, your ability to enjoy your life, and your general physical health?
While a number of services offered here may seemingly be available ‘free’ elsewhere through charitable institutions and other non-statutory and statutory organisations, one needs to be mindful of the quality and quantity and limitations of what is being offered. As with all things, including health services, there are two sides; not all professionals are the same and not all services are the same. There is always a range from effective and helpful to ineffective and unhelpful. We believe that the services we offer are both effective and helpful. (Please read client testimonies found with Therapist profiles).
Also, when considering using services, one need consider that one not only spends money or not, as the case may be, but also that one always spends time and energy.
- Is what is being offered of a sufficiently professional therapeutic quality to meet your very specific needs, to make your time investment worthwhile?
- Can you afford to waste valuable time in speculating as to the quality of a service?
- Can you afford to put your well being, the well being of those that depend on you, your relationships, and your career on hold while you investigate through trial and error as to the ‘usefulness’ of services?
- Can your situation tolerate you investing your time, week in and week out waiting for a therapeutic service to bare fruit?
- Can you afford to gamble with your health and well being?
Where your health and happiness is concerned, can you afford to invest in anything less than the best you can find?
While there are no ‘guarantees’ in life, engaging a professional qualified therapist with a proven track record and evidence to back that record, who is dedicated to meeting your agenda and needs and not the agenda and needs of a third party organisation, is without doubt a safer bet than doing otherwise. Many people spend time, energy and money on ‘Retail Therapy’, ‘unproven Alternative therapies’, ‘fortune telling’, ‘Therapeutic Socialising’, and some even turn to substance misuse, all to temporarily alleviate or anesthetise stress, anger, depression, anxiety, worthlessness, futility, loneliness, frustration, unhappiness, etc. Here is an opportunity to direct that time and energy and a relatively small percentage of those funds towards help with a proven track record and long lasting sustainable results.
We see therapy as investing in oneself, one’s family and one’s future. With personal issues resolved or come to terms with, one is always better placed to deal with life, create and maintain healthier relationships and interactions, feel better, improve one’s earning potential and lower expenditure. Also, personal development offers the opportunity of a healthier, peaceful and more productive existence.
However, in the end, it is your life and your choice to make and we will always respect your decisions.